2 Pkgs Grass Fed Beef Tongue (1 lb per pkg)
Now Only : $13.28
SKU: N-BF1392 Weight: 32 oz
Out of stock
Grass Fed Beef Tongue is an absolute delicacy in many parts of the world though many Americans have yet to experience this unique beef cut.
The tongue has been consumed dating back to the times of Paleolithic hunters who preferred this as part of the best portions of the carcass to be eaten first
Today many of us find ourselves tackling the cut as we want to be a consistent ethical carnivore and use all parts of the animal.Chefs often love to work with tongues because they are relatively cheap and they can make such elegant dishes with their use.
If you need any assistance with your order, we are here to help you. Want to order special grass fed beef butcher cuts or purchase quantity discounts? Call us at 866-255-5002.
Our shipping is currently handled by our processing facility and comes direct to your door via either UPS or FedEx.
We ship on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to allow the product to arrive in frozen condition and to avoid the chance of sitting over the weekend.
Currently we ship in Styrofoam coolers using dry ice. You can reuse these containers for picnics and when you need to keep food cool.
We will send you a shipping confirmation and tracking number the day the product ships so you will be advised to look for arrival.
We send the product with the signature waived to allow the delivery to be left at your door if you are not home.
Otherwise, it may ride around in the delivery truck for days
Beef Tongue Pot Roast Recipe – Serves 6
• One beef tongue
• 10 black peppercorns
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 garlic cloves
• 2 medium yellow onions, chopped
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 6 carrots, peeled and cut into inch long pieces
• 1 head celery, trimmed and chopped
• 8 cups beef stock (“Better than Bouillon” base is a good substitute)
• 1/4 cup flour
• 1/4 cup tepid water
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Place whole tongue in a sauce pan or stock pot. Cover with water and add peppercorns, bay leaf, and whole garlic cloves. Simmer for at least two hours, until a knife easily slides in.
2. Remove tongue from pot and put into ice water. This will make it easy to peel.
3. Remove the skin and cut the tongue into bite size pieces.
4. In a new stock pot, place the olive oil and onions on medium heat. Cook until soft. Add carrots and celery. Cook for two minutes.
5. Add tongue and stock. Simmer until tongue is nice and tender, probably about 30 minutes.
6. Place water and flour into a small bowl and mix till combined. Add slowly to simmering broth and stir continually. Cook for five more minutes to remove the flour taste.
7. Season with salt & pepper. Serve over mashed potatoes.
Beef Tongue Pot Roast Recipe by:
Clara Moore is the Head Chef and General Manager of Local Harvest Cafe in St. Louis. She was inspired to take tongue which is an uncommon cut of meat to most Americans and use it in a recipe which is a comfort food favorite. Brilliant idea!!!
Local Harvest Cafe sources their grass fed beef from Rain Crow Ranch and we are delighted to have them as co-producers. When you are in St Louis, please visit their café.